Prevention of diseases, preservation and promotion of positive health are emphasized in Ayurveda. Whatever that serves for augmenting the excellence of health, is the mode of rejuvenation. Rasayana is the word for rejuvenation in Ayurveda. Rasayana herbs help to restore health, maintain youthfulness and delay the process of aging. Rasayana herbs and their benefits :
• Bala (Sida-condifolia) – Increases strength of tissues and organs.
• Pippali (Piper longum) – Beneficial for the respiratory system.
• Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – Beneficial for the digestive system. It helps eliminate the waste products from the tissues/organs, perticularly gastrointestinal tract.
• Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica) – Helps to increase intellect and memory thereby acting as ‘Medhya Rasayana’ (Brain Tonic).
• Guggul (Commiphora mukul) – Helps in lipid metabolism.
• Amlaki (Embelica officinalis) and Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) – Decrease the catabolic process and thus postpones ageing.Therefore they are known as ‘Vayasthapak Rasayana’ (Adaptogenic tonic).
• Bhallataka (Semicarpus anacardium) – Powerful immune promoter.
• Punarnava (Boerrhevia diffusa) – Promotes the functions of the kidneys and improves the regenerating capacity of the nephrons, the functional units of kidney.
• Shatavari (Asparagus recemosus) – Is a female rejuvanitive, useful for infertility, decreased libido, threatened miscarriage, menopause, leucorrhea. Shatavari promotes lactation in lacting mothers.
• Kapikachhu (Mucuna pruriens) and Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – promote generative activities in the tissues, restore senile sexual dysfunctions and helps in impotency.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.