Netra means eye and Tarpan means giving strength to the eyes. The medicated ghee is poured over the eyelids in an enclosure built around the eye out of wheat flour. It is said to be an excellent treatment to improve vision and clarity of the mind.
Ayurvedic Eyes Rejuvenation – Netra Tarpan Procedure:
This treatment aims to provide optimum rejuvenation to eyes. Dough of Urad (black gram) is put around the eye ball in such a way that a dam like appearance is seen. Then herbal healing ghee (clarified butter) is put in this groove to lubricate the eye and surrounding areas which will be kept warm for 30 – 35 minutes. This provides improved vision with beautiful eyes and strengthening of eye tissues.
- Cleanses eyes by removing dust from the cornea.
- Moisturizes the dry eye.
- Improvises blurred vision.
- Reduces burning of eyes.
- Aids in the improvement of eye disturbances and thus improves clarity of the mind.
- Dry eyes syndrome
- Burning in the eyes
- Vata diseases in the eyes
- Curved eyes
- Pain in the eyes
- Watering eyes
- Night blindness
- Reduces Dark circles if regularly done