Udvartana is one among the sub-types of Panchakarma which is a process of invigorating the whole body through a powder massage. It is a well known Ayurvedic powder massage that includes scrubbing of the whole body using the ubtan (paste) made out of the mixture of the different herbs and grains which contain the property of scrapping the fat. Therefore it is best done in conditions of obesity and cellulite beneath the skin.
It is also one of the detoxification processes. It helps in excess fat and cellulite conditions by scrubbing and massaging the body in upward strokes which produces certain heat energy which scraps and liquefies the fat. The herb penetrates the body through the skin pores and removes the sluggish lymphatic toxins. This technique not only detoxifies but also improves the blood circulation and establishes a rejuvenation effect in the body.
Whole body is invigorated by scrubbing with the paste (ubtan) prepared of dry herbal powder in an upward direction stroke in a particular manner for 45 minutes. This procedure contains certain strokes which help in the liquefaction of fat, thereby giving proper shape to the muscle tissue.
- Reduces excess fat in the body.
- Improves the skin complexion.
- Eliminates bad odour due to excess sweating or other reasons.
- Corrects the imbalance of doshas.
- Vitalizes and rejuvenates the body.
- Diabetes mellitus
- Varicose veins
- Oily skin, lack of complexion and blemishes.
- Neurological disorders like parkinson’s disease, muscular dystrophy.