Uro Basti is also called as ‘Hridaya Basti’. The medicated oil is retained on the chest wall which gives a positive influence on the heart chakra which in turn has a beneficial effect on the mind and gives strengthening effect to the heart muscle. This therapy nourishes, strengthens, balances heart function and rejuvenates the heart through Hridaya marma.
Hridaya basti is a special technique aimed at providing relief to people suffering from heart related diseases using warm medicated oil or herbal decoction, poured on the chest and kept over the chest for 45 minutes.
- Uro basti is a warming procedure of the chest area and the heart. This type of warming is used in the treatment of respiratory disease (disease of bronchii and lungs ), weakness of the cardiac muscles (myocardial dystropy).
- Uro basti improves the circulation and breathing functions.
- Kundalini Yoga: It energizes the Anahata Chakra seated in the heart and thus gives positive influence on the heart and mind energizing the whole body.
- Relieves stress and anxiety.
- Coronary heart diseases
- Ischemic heart diseases
- Asthma and other respiratory disorders