Shastikshali pinda sweda
Shastikshali pinda sweda/Kizhi/ Navarakizhi Inducing perspiration by using heated round packs or bolus of rice is referred as ‘Shashtikashali pinda sweda or kizhi, also popularly known as Navarakizhi. This is an easy and effective procedure of sudation. Kizhi strengthens muscles and improves nerve conduction. It enhances the smoothness and lusture of the skin.
Shashtika Shali Swedana Procedure:
Shashtika Shali Swedana – Rice bolus is boiled in decoction of sida cordifolia and milk and tied in pieces of cloth to prepare packs.Warm rice pack is applied to the body and there by inducing sudation(sweat).
- It has proven efficacy and indicated in muscular disorders, neurological disorders, emaciation and blood related problems.
- Improves the blood circulation and metabolism and makes the body feel lighter and relaxed.
- It increases the lustre and softness of the skin.
- Effective treatment in vata induced disorders.
- Neurological disorders like paralysis.
- Cerebral palsy.
- Generalise weakness
- Muscular atrophy, contraction of muscles