Indigestion is an abnormal condition where normal digestive functions are derailed. This condition is called as Ajeerna in Ayurveda is characterized by lack of proper digestion along with various other symptoms. Other complaints like abdominal distension, sour belching, excess flatulence, irregular bowel movements etc can be included under Ajeerna. According to Ayurveda, improper diet habits, consuming excess food which is not compatible with the body type, improper combination of food etc. accounts for Ajeerna.
HOME REMEDIES OF INDIGESTION
1. Chew small piece of ginger with salt before food is beneficial.
2. Take an equal amount of black pepper, dried mint leaves, ginger powder, coriander seeds, cumin (jeera) and asafoetida (hing). Grind them together to make fine powder. Take one teaspoonful of this powder twice a day after meals.
3. Drinking buttermilk (chaas) after breakfast or lunch improves digestion. Adding roasted cumin seed powder and a little of salt into buttermilk enhances its effectiveness.
4. Half a glass of carrot juice mixed with equal quantity of water is easy to digest.
5. Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice in a cup of hot water and drink it before a meal to prevent acid indigestion.
6. Drink one cup of ginger tea after meals to promote a good digestion and is good for heartburn, nausea, etc.
7. Take 1 tsp each of mint juice, lemon juice, and honey.
8. Mix 2 pinches of rock salt and 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain). Chew it and wash it down with water for upset stomach or indigestion.
CAUSES OF INDIGESTION
Causes of imbalance of Agni which lead to indigestion
1.Excess intake of spicy foods, chilly, oily foods, medicines, milk and milk products, tobacco and alcohol.
2. Irregular food habits and sleeping patterns.
3. Medications like pain killers, antibiotics, oral contraceptives and steroids.
4. Intestinal parasites.
5. Diseases of pancreas, liver, gall bladder, intestinal infections etc.
6. During pregnancy, premenstrual period, menopausal period in women.
7. Emotional upset like anxiety, stress, examination etc.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda detoxification therapies. Please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.