Ushtrasana is a backward bending yoga posture for strengthening our back muscles. The Sanskrit word Ushtra means camel and asana means posture i.e. our body resembles the body shape of a camel during the final pose of this asana.
STEPS TO DO USHTRASANA
• First kneel down while keeping your spine upright.
• Take deep inhalation and lean backward. Only if it feels comfortable on neck head goes back.
• At the same time gently place hands on heels to feel a lift through the shoulders.
• Take normal breath. Try to maintain this posture as much longer as you can.
• Exhale and release hands one by one and slowly come to the normal position. Relax in Vajrasana.
BENEFITS OF USHTRASANA
• Ushtrasana improves flexibility of our spine.
• It improves digestion.
• Ushtrasna reduces stress and anxiety.
• Relieves cervical spondylitis, low back ache, lumbago.
• Ushtrasana helps in menstrual problems.
• It reduces abdominal fat and obesity.
• Stretches muscles and improves muscle strength.
• Reduces thyroid and parathyroid related problems.
CONTRAINDICATIONS OF USHTRASANA
• Neck injury
• Spine injury
• Severe low back ache
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.