Piles, also known as hemorrhoids are the thickening of the blood vessels around the anus. It is one of those diseases which make an individual extremely discomfortable. In Ayurveda, piles has been described as arsha roga and it is of two types i.e., Vatarshas and raktarshas. Vatarshas is painful and causes itching and burning sensation, whereas raktarsas often bleeds.
The main causes of piles are constipation, obesity, pregnancy, fewer intakes of fluids etc.
STEPS SHOULD BE TAKEN TO AVOID CONSTIPATION
• Have a diet which is nutritious, light and full of fiber, softens the stool and helps in better bowels and internal cleaning.
• Drink sufficient amount of luke warm water throughout the day.
• Eat more vegetables, fresh fruits, legumes and grains, dry figs, Radish, Jamun etc.
• Take Barley, Old rice, Brinjal, Onion, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Asparagus, cumin, turmeric etc.
• Avoid intake of spicy, hot, heavy and difficult to digest foods.
• Avoid chilies, pickle, alcohol, caffeine, tea, non vegetarian food, cheese and oily food.
• Use stool softening herbal medicines like Haritaki powder. Prolonged use of laxatives will leads to bowel to lose its ability to function normally.
PREVENTIVE MEASURES TO BE TAKEN
• Avoid lifting heavy objects.
• Avoid continuous sitting or standing by taking breaks and doing stretches.
• Don’t hold the urge for defecation and urination.
• Avoid riding on horseback and continuous sitting on hard surfaces.
• Try to maintain a healthy weight. Do physical exercises daily.
HOME REMEDIES FOR PILES
• Sit regularly in warm water bath tub.
• Apply an ice pack on inflamed hemorrhoids/piles to constrict blood vessels, reduce swelling and pain.
• Massage the area with aloevera gel.
• 20 minutes sitz bath two or three times a day is helpful to reduce pain, irritation and itching.
AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF PILES
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.