Anu oil, an Ayurvedic formulation is an effective remedy for preventing various diseases of the upper part of the body. It can be used as preventive as well as curative medicine. It helps to alleviate diseases affecting nose, eyes, ears, neck and face, head and brain. Anu Oil is prepared by processing a number of herbal drugs in sesame oil.
2. Musta (cyperusrotundus)
3. Twaka (cinnamomumzeylanicum)
4. Usheer (vetiveriazizaniodies)
5. Anantamoola (hemidesmusindicus)
6. SwetChandana (santallum album)
7. Daruharidra (berberisaristata)
8. Yastimadhu (glycyrrhizaglabra)
9. Aguru (aquillariaagalocha)
10. Shatavari (asparagus racemosa),
11. Ikshu (saccharumofficinarum)
12. Bilva (aeglemarmelos)
13. Shalparni (desmodiumgangeticum)
14. Vidanga (embeliaribes)
15. Kustha (saussurealappa)
16. Ela (eletteriacardamomum)
17. Renuka (vitexagnacastus),
18. Bala (sidacordifolia).
These drugs are made into decoction in hundred parts of rain water and reduced to ten parts of taila (sesame oil). Then, Anu oil should be prepared with decoction for ten times. During the tenth time, equal quality of goat‚Äôs milk is also to be added. This preparation is known as anu oil, used as errhine, bestows greater benefits.
By habituating Nasya (nasal administration of medicine) with Anu oil benefits like consistency and clarity of the skin of shoulders, neck, face, and chest can be acquired; the sense organs will become strong and there will be no graying of hair. This oil clears sinuses, nasal passage and effective in neurological diseases caused by brain damage. It delays ageing process and removes toxins from the head.
Dosage: 5-10 drops in each nostril (to be used under medical supervision)
Poor memory and memory loss