FAQs on Panchakarma
1) Who can take Panchakarma treatments?
Panchakarma can be taken by anyone above 18 years of age. These therapies help in promotion of health & wellness and prevention of diseases, which is beneficial for both diseased and healthy individuals.
2) What diseases can be treated with Panchakarma procedures?
Ayurveda Panchakarma treatments are effective in chronic as well as acute health issues. Panchakarma treatments helps in diseases like Paralysis, Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, Psoriasis, PCOD, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Obesity, Diabetes, Alopecia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s disease, BPH, Renal calculus, Endometriosis, Fibroid uterus, Malignant metastasis, Scleroderma, Multiple Sclerosis, Hepatitis–C, Kidney Diseases and many more
3) What is the Time period required for Panchakarma treatments?
Minimum time required to have one set of Panchakarma treatments is 8 days though ideal duration considered for Panchakarma treatments is 2 to 3 weeks. These treatments are customized according to individual health needs so your Doctor can advise the exact duration required for you after detailed consultation.
4) What are the Panchakarma procedures?
Panchakarma denotes Ayurveda’s Transformative Therapies for Bio-Purification and Rejuvenation of Body, Mind and Spirit, and is considered to be one of the most important and effective ways to detoxify, cleanse and strengthen your body, mind and spirit.
According to Ayurveda, following are Panchakarma, (meaning: five-actions) procedures namely Vamana (Emesis), Virechana (Purgation), Asthapana (Decoction enema), Anuvasana (Oil enema) & Nasya(Nasal drops) as per Charaka view.
According to Susruta view the five actions include Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti (including Asthapana and Anuvasana) and Raktamokshana (bloodletting – removal of impure blood through leech therapy, venesection and other different means).
5) Who should seek panchakarma?
These therapies help in promotion of health & wellness and prevention of diseases, so are beneficial for both diseased and healthy individuals.
If you are suffering from any of the below symptoms Panchakarma is best suggested for you.
• Low energy levels
• Body pains and tiredness
• Coated tongue
• Digestive issues or persistent indigestion
• Irregular bowel habits
• Lack of concentration
• Irritable behaviour
• Persistent stress
• Episodes of Headaches
• Allergies etc
- What are the benefits of taking Panchakarma treatments.
Benefits of Ayurveda Panchakarma treatments
- Eradicates diseases from its root cause.
- Restores health & wellness and minimises recurrence of the disease.
- Promotes immunity & improves strength, vigor and vitality.
- Enhances digestion and metabolism.
- Delays ageing, rejuvenates the body and mind.
- Improves the functioning of sense organs and mind.
- Promotes longer, healthier and happier life.