PCOS (Poly cystic ovarian syndrome) is a very prevalent hormonal disorder in women and the leading cause of female fertility. It is a group of symptoms due to elevated male hormones in females. The hormonal imbalance and metabolism issues linked with PCOS may impact overall health, adversely affect fertility and raise chances for other health problem including diabetes and blood pressure.
Irregular menstruation, heavy bleeding, excessive hair growths on face and body, obesity, hair thinning, acne, anxiety, dark brown or black patches on skin etc. are the symptoms of PCOS.
As per Ayurveda PCOS is due to the obstruction of rasa, rakta and medovaha channels by excess kapha dosha and body stores them in form of cysts around ovaries.
MANAGEMENT OF PCOS THROUGH AYURVEDA
• Take cinnamon powder, Tulsi, Cumin, Basil, Fenugreek, Neem to manage insulin resistance and hormonal imbalance.
• Take herbal compound – Varuna, Ashoka, pippalimoola, Shatavari, Punarnava, Aswagandha- 1tsp before food twice daily with warm water.
• Panchakarama: Vamana (emesis), Virechana (purgation), Utara basti, Yogabasti (enema)
• Herbal medicines such as Panchakola choorna, Kanchanara Guggulu, Triphala guggulu, Chandraprabha vati, Varanadi kashayam, Lomashatana oil etc. can be used.
• Take 3 timely and regular meals.
• Reduce oily, sweet and spicy food items. Take more leafy vegetables.
• Avoid sleeping after lunch or during daytime.
• Prefer to drink warm water throughout the day.
• Avoid soy and its products and meat.
• Prefer to take herbal tea instead of milk tea or coffee.
• Strictly avoid bakery products, burger and pizza.
• Tress is also a common cause of hormonal disorders. So avoid stress.
• Do some physical exercise daily for 1 hour. Do yoga and pranayama
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda detoxification therapies. Please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.