Vrikshasana or pose like a tree on the ground is mentioned in Gheranda samhita. It is a simple balancing posture and it can be done anytime, anywhere for any duration.
HOW TO DO VRIKSHASANA
It is ideal to perform this yogasana in the morning (when your mind is clear of thoughts and worries).
- Stand erect, keep your spine straight and relax.
- Slightly bend your right knee and place the right foot on the inner side of the left thigh.
- Maintain your left leg absolutely erect and concentrate on your breath.
- Look straight and focus on a distant object while maintaining balance.
- Inhale and extend the arms to join the palms in Namaste mudra.
- Take deep breaths and maintain this posture as long as you can.
- With deep exhalation gently bring your arms down then leg down.
- Repeat the same steps with the left leg. Do this for 3-4 rounds
HEALTH BENEFITS OF VRIKSHASANA
- Improves concentration, memory and calms and relaxes mind.
- It is beneficial for one who is suffering from anxiety and depression.
- Develops and improves self esteem and confidence.
- It stretches the body and increases flexibility of legs, back and chest muscles.
- It makes your hip, ankle and knees strong.
- It strengthens the thighs and calf.
- Vrikshasana is good for the pelvic region so it is beneficial for one who is suffering from sciatica.
- Vrikshasana relaxes central nervous system and improves body balance.
CONTRA INDICATIONS OF VRIKSHASANA
- Low blood pressure/high blood pressure
- Hip injury
- Knee injury
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.