Tips for Osteoarthritis :
• Avoid repetitive motions.
• Do Exercise / yoga regularly.
• Avoid sedentary lifestyle.
• Include milk , yogurt, green leafy vegetables as a calcium supplement in diet.
• Start taking Rasayana (customized rejuvenation formula of herbs) prior to the onset of the perimenopausal phase without waiting for the onset of the menopause.
• Receive regular Ayurveda oil therapies.
• Avoid standing for long hours.
• Avoid climbing stairs, use escalators or elevators.
• Avoid low height bed, chairs, toilets.
• Use a walking aid, special shoes, soft surfaces to reduce shock on the joint.
• Use a shoe orthotic with a heel wedge for better alignment.
Treatments offered at chakrapani for Osteoarthritis:
• Janu Basti: Retention of oil over the joint in a ring like structure formed using dough made from black gram helps in improving the circulation and inflammation, and also helped in resolving the ama localised in the joints.
• Nadi Swedanam: Oleation with warm medicated pain relieving oils followed by localized steam using a pipe attached to a steam generating container filled with herbs .
• Patra Pinda Swedanam: Oleation with warm medicated oils followed by hot compress and fomentation using boluses made of herbs.
• Matra basti: This is a form of enema by which a fixed amount of ghee or oil (medicated) is inserted in the body.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.