Shavasana or Corpse Pose
Shavasana is the easiest pose done in yogasana. It is an asana which helps in restoration so it is done after doing some yoga regime. This asana gives proper rest to our body.
Steps to perform Shavasana-
• First, sit in a comfortable position on the yoga mat to start the asana.
• Then slowly move your legs and make them straight with no bend in your knees resting them on the ground.
• After that slowly rest your shoulders on the ground just like you did with your legs.
• Your hands should be adjacent to your body on the ground and face the palm towards the sky.
• Make sure that your shoulders, elbows, hips are properly placed on the ground.
• Your spine should be straight.
• Breathe in and out slowly.
• This should be done for 30-60 seconds.
• Come back to normal standing position after completing the asana by rolling towards one side and pushing your way up using your hands.
Cautions for Shavasana
• Avoid if you have a spinal injury.
• Should be avoided if any external injury or abrasion is there on the back.
Health Benefits of Shavasana-
• This helps in rejuvenation after a long or short yoga regime.
• It helps in reducing stress both mental and physical.
• It calms your mind and relaxes your body.
• Patients with Insomnia, Headache, Fatigue are advised to do shavasana as it is beneficial in these conditions.
• It increases your overall energy of the body.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.