Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand pose
This is a very important asana which mainly helps keeping our thyroid gland functioning properly. It also means ‘the entire body’ or sarvanga, so it keeps the whole body healthy.
Steps to do Sarvangasana
• First lie down on your back preferably on a yoga mat with your hand on the side.
• Breathe in and lift your legs and hips upwards.
• Use your palms to push your hips upwards and stretch your legs.
• Your legs and spine should be straight and should not bend.
• Don’t put your whole body weight on your hands, they are there for support only.
• The time to do this asana depends upon the strength of the person.
• To come back down, keeps your hands on the hips and bring down the legs slowly on to the floor.
• Generally it is done 5-6 times for best results.
Cautions for Sarvangasana
• Coughing, sneezing should be done only after bringing the legs down.
• People with back pain or injury should avoid this asana.
• It should be done slowly and steadily.
Benefits of Sarvangasana
• It increases the flexibility of the spine.
• It helps in relieving stress as it calms the brain and nervous system.
• It helps all the body parts in strengthening because everything is involved in doing this asana.
• Majorly it helps thyroid gland function well as it increases the blood flow in neck.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.