Proper food combination
We all know that healthy foods will make us healthy but healthy foods eaten in wrong combination still form toxins, gases and will not get digested well because different classes of food require their own specific digestive system. When we consume different types if foods at a single meal, we place a demand on our digestive glands to manufacture and secrete different digestive enzymes simultaneously. Here are some basic guidelines to follow –
• Eating bananas with milk can diminish digestive fire, change the intestinal flora, produce toxins, and cause sinus congestion. This causes confusion in our system and results in serious imbalances.
• Avoid mixing milk or yogurt with sour or citrus fruits. And, yes, it means that yogurt with fruit is not considered a healthy breakfast.
• Melons should be eaten alone or left alone.
• Try to eat fruits separately to get the most nutrients.
• Avoid eating cooked and raw foods together.
• Do not eat meat protein and milk protein together.
• Do not mix fresh milk with other milk products. The action of hydrochloric acid in the stomach causes the milk to curdle. For this reason Ayurveda advises against taking milk with sour fruits, yogurt, sour cream, cheese, and fish.