Five simple lifestyle changes to prevent Varicose vein
Varicose vein is a condition where veins become enlarged, swollen, bulge and tortuous. This condition often occurs when veins of leg and feet are not functioning properly. This condition is very common in woman and the related factors are menopause, prolonged standing, obesity, pregnancy, aging etc.
Primary symptoms are enlarged veins with or without pain, heaviness and achiness over the enlarged veins. At this stage we can improve blood circulation and muscle tone through various self measures.
In some cases there will be swelling, discoloration, itching and bleeding vein. Later ulcers develop near to the ankle region, known as venous ulcers. At this stage pain aggravates after sitting or standing for a long time.
If the patient has no discomfort or pain treatment might not be necessary. It is important to get medical attention when the patient has discoloration, pain and venous ulcers.
Life style changes
1. Avoid constant standing or sitting for a long time. Try to elevate your leg with a footstool and avoid crossing legs when sitting. Try to elevate your legs 2-3 times a day, at least for 20 minutes.
2. Do physical activities like cycling in the air, peddling you feet, stretching the ankles etc. to get your legs moving and improve blood circulation. Yoga can also help tone your muscles and improve strength.
3. Use compression stockings on legs. Compression stockings can help veins to function properly by creating a gentle pressure up the leg. This pressure keeps blood from pooling and decreases swelling and pain in the legs.
4. Tight clothing like Skinny pants should be avoided and wear looser fitting clothes to improve blood circulation. You should avoid wearing too tight belts, tight shoes or high heels for a long time.
5. Consume foods rich in fibers, vitamins, antioxidants as they help reduce the pressure on your vein. Take more peas, beans, whole grains, oats etc. Try to lose weight as obesity puts excess pressure on the veins of the legs.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.