According to Ayurveda, strong immunity is a product of good digestion, strong Agni (the metabolic fire), balanced dosha (biological humor), quality liver functioning and a balanced endocrine system (which includes appropriately balanced hormones).
According to Ayurveda we should follow some diet and regimens along with intake of herbs can support the immune system. In Ayurveda, strong immunity or strong resistance to disease is called ojas (protection). Ojas is defined as supreme and ultimate essence of all the seven dhatus which refers to the vital energy of immune system.
Follow these tips to improve your immune system-
• Eat food at proper time.
• Eat the proper quantity of food, do not overeat.
• Avoid processed foods, fermented foods, fried and canned foods or foods which contain preservatives.
• Eat light food in the dinner.
• Eat immune-boosting foods such as dry fruits, apples, pomegranates, green leafy vegetables, asparagus and whole grains.
• Introduce immune-boosting spices into cooking, such as turmeric, ginger, black pepper, cumin, coriander etc.
• Choose foods that are in accordance with individual Ayurvedic body constitution.
• Follow Ayurvedic food combining rules. Such as milk with citrus fruits should be avoided.
• Limit alcohol intake.
• Never drink ice water. Sip plain hot water or water boiled with ginger or fresh ginger tea throughout the day to boost the digestion.
• Sleep adequately, sleep early and wake up early in the morning.
• Also take Ayurvedic supplements that will increase the power of digestive fire and support the immune function such as Chawanprash, Brahma rasayana, Ojas avleha etc.
• Do exercise daily(morning walk), practice yoga, meditation and pranayama (deep breathing)
• Avoid stress, anxiety, fear, angry etc. which decreases Ojas.
• Avoid constipation; you can take any herbal medicine if you have.
• Practice self-massage daily with Ayurvedic herbal oils eg. Ksheerabala oil, Dasamoola bala oil.
Note: Immunity (Ojas) is restored through proper digestion and a life style that reduces or reverses the depletion of body tissues.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.