Ayurvedic foods of India : Some common dishes and foods of India and their nutritional merits include:
• Lentils and dals: Dal is a dish that can include lentils and other legumes as well, such as peas and beans. Lentils provide a good source of protein, are very low-fat and supply loads of fiber.
• Dairy products: Yogurt, milk and cream are used in various dishes. When you prepare Indian dishes, substitute low-fat milk for cream when making your curry sauces. Yogurt provides immune system benefits and, together with other dairy products, is a good source of protein and calcium.
• Nuts: Used instead of meat, nuts provide good protein and a healthier form of fat. Recent studies have found a link between moderate nut consumption and a reduced risk of heart disease. Nuts also contain folic acid, vitamins B2, B6, and the mineral iron, zinc, potassium and copper.
• Rice and wheat: Indian cuisine uses aromatic rice, such as Basmati white rice. Use them as a base along with vegetables, nuts, fruits and fragrant spices to create mouth watering, low-fat dishes.
• Fresh ginger and other herbs and spices: The medicinal benefits of fresh ginger, garlic, onion and turmeric are an added bonus.
• An abundance of fruit: Tropical fruits, like mango, pomegranate and melons, as well as apples, apricots and strawberries are used. Include plenty to gain the most from their anti-cancer-causing benefits.
• Plenty of vegetables: Vegetables used in abundance in India include cauliflower, eggplant, spinach, peas, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet peppers and mustard greens. These vegetables are packed with vitamin C, beta-carotene and phytochemicals (naturally occurring compounds, abundant in fruits and vegetables that our bodies may use as part of their disease-fighting arsenal).
Ayurvedic foods of India gives special importance to Ahara (diet) as healthy and wholesome diet nourishes the mind, body and soul. According to Ayurveda, although the digestive capacity of each person may be different, the quality and appropriate quantity of food are necessary for a healthy life.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : https://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.