Ayurveda daily routine – better health 24 hours a day –
From bedtime to bedtime there is a full day of simple Ayurvedic activities that promote health and well being. Introduce a child to these at an early age and they can become habits for life.
1. Ayurveda recommends an early bird lifestyle – Waking up at sunrise (5 – 6 am)
2. Face/nose/mouth wash – Wash your face and your eyes with water. Scrape your tongue with a tongue scraper and gargle mouth with sesame oil.
3. Exercise – Early morning exercise removes stagnation in the body and mind and allows your energy to flow. Walking / Pranayama (breathing exercises)/ yoga – 30 minutes.
4. Self-Massage – Massage keeps us strong and is beneficial for body and mind. Ayurveda recommends that you massage yourself with a bit of warm oil for about 5 minutes is sufficient. Massage the scalp, forehead, hands and feet.
5. Bath – Daily bath helps maintain personal hygiene and gives a feeling of freshness to start the new day.
6. Eat your breakfast – Eat before 8 am. Eat moderate breakfast, preferably cooked food and not sandwich or biscuit daily.
7. School/ Office – Do all work mindfully and at pace, concentrate on what you do.
8. Midday lunch – It should be the only heaviest / main meal of the day– Eat between 12.30 – 1.30 pm.
9. Short nap can be taken if needed after lunch for 15 – 20 min. Do not sleep, but a short nap is no harm.
10. Meditation – In the evening back home, after refreshing, sit still in a silent area and focus on your breath.
11. Evening hours – Use less TV and computer, utilize time for more productive work or sports.
12. Dinner – Dinner is recommended to be taken between 7 and 8 pm and should be lighter. Do not go to bed or watch TV or Computer immediately after dinner. Walk few steps inside the house after dinner to enable digestion.
13. Sleep – Go to sleep early, between 9 – 10 pm.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda detoxification therapies. Please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.