Dengue fever is the common viral disease caused by dengue viruses (DEN-1, DEN-2, DEN-3 and DEN-4) which is carried and spread by Aedes aegypti or Aedes albopictus mosquitoes. This disease cannot be spread directly from person to person. NS1 antigen test is the rapid diagnostic test for the early detection of dengue virus infection.
Dengue fever symptoms appear 3-14 days after the bite of an infected mosquito and include sudden onset of fever along with head ache, pain behind the eyes, body aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and body rashes.
These symptoms usually last for 4-7 days and most people recover within a week. In some cases the disease develops into severe form, called dengue haemorragic fever.
It is a rare complication characterized by high fever, low blood platelet level, enlargement of liver, low blood pressure and bleeding from the nose and gums. So if you have dengue haemorragic fever symptoms, immediately seek medical attention as this form of dengue is fatal.
7 Effective ways to prevent Dengue fever
1. Avoid visiting areas prone to mosquitoes. Mosquitoes like Aedes aegypti breed in stagnant water so it is important to remove artificial containers containing water near your home. Clean the empty pots, flower vases, coconut shells etc.
2. Protect yourself from mosquito bites by sleeping under mosquito bed net and wearing long sleeved shirts and long pants. Use a mosquito repellent like Neem oil on your skin when you go out.
3. If you think you may have dengue see your healthcare provider immediately. It is important to seek medical attention before adopting any herbal or natural home remedies.
4. Patient should take complete bed rest.
5. Avoid curd, red meat, heavy, spicy and other food items that are not easy for digestion. Take fruits like pomegranate, passion fruit, kismis, grapes, papaya etc.
6. Drink more amount of luke warm water in order to avoid dehydration. Take Tulsi ginger tea to strengthen the immunity.
7. Take dengue preventive herbs like Neem, Guduci, Sunti etc. Intake Papaya leaf juice and Neem leaf juice can prevent platelet destruction.
We are offering Free Ayurveda Consultation please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/free-ayurveda-consultation/ for more details.
We are regularly helping patients of different pathologies and complicated diagnosis with Ayurveda panchakarma therapies. Please visit : http://chakrapaniayurveda.com/ayurveda-panchakarma/ for more details.